Reasons & Benefits for Psychology
Why Seek Help?
There are many reasons why many people seek help from a Psychologist, especially when:
- facing a significant crisis.
- dealing with an extended period of anxiety or depression.
- coping with a major life transition.
- dealing with complicated family dynamics.
- grappling with problems in a relationship.
- trying to manage addiction or substance abuse.
- wanting to make changes for better mental and emotional health.
Benefits of Individual Therapy
The relationship between you and your Psychologist is fostered through therapy and is key to your success. Individual therapy gives you a safe space to explore your experiences, thoughts, feelings, and concerns. The goal of individual therapy is to inspire change and improve the quality of life through self-awareness and self-exploration.
Being in therapy can also:
- help improve communication skills
- help you feel empowered
- empower you to develop fresh insights about your life
- learn how to make healthier choices
- develop coping strategies to manage distress
Benefits of Cognitive or ASD Assessment and Diagnosis
Psychological assessment is important to gain a better understanding of a person and the reasons for their strengths, weaknesses and challenges.
An assessment will provide a diagnosis and recommendations. This can be particularly helpful for children and adolescents to support access to intervention, appropriate educational settings and services.
Regardless of your reason, therapy offers a range of benefits for all of us. Psychological therapy encourages open and honest dialogue about issues that cause you distress. Through your relationship with your Psychologist, you’ll work to identify and understand how your experiences are impacting your life and develop strategies to manage the symptoms.